If you’re a Texas homeowner in the Greater Houston Area, you might’ve wondered if it’s in your best interest to get solar panels installed. Solar panels can be well worth it depending on your specific location, federal, local, and state-level tax incentives, your energy consumption, and energy costs at the time.
We’re going to explore all of these elements as they apply to Texas specifically, going over the pros and cons of solar panels, answering whether or not they truly save money, and showing you how you can get started with solar panels today without any upfront costs.
Pros and Cons of Solar Panels in Texas
The pros and cons of solar panels in Texas vary based on your specific location and region, but most of these items should apply equally throughout the Greater Houston Area. If you’ve been considering solar panels on your own home, it’s worth knowing all of these pros and cons and using them to compare and contrast the potential benefits you’ll receive if you take the plunge and jump into solar energy.
Some of the most prominent “pros” of solar panels in Texas include:
- Complete energy independence from the electrical grid – Have you ever considered what you and your family would do if the power grid were unreliable for long periods of time or if there was a longer-term outage? While a generator is always an excellent emergency solution, solar panels can keep your home powered for extended periods of time, removing your reliance on the grid.
- Improve the value of your home – Solar panels can instantly boost the value of your home, as they are a valuable addition that directly reduces energy costs over time. If you’re looking for ways to boost your home’s value, solar panels cannot be overlooked.
- Reduce your carbon footprint – Solar panels are a clean energy source that doesn’t pollute the air like traditional energy sources, coal power plants being the biggest offender. If you’d like to make your household more environmentally friendly, solar panels are an excellent choice.
- Allows you to take advantage of government incentive programs – When you install solar panels on your home, you can immediately take advantage of government incentives such as tax breaks.
Some of the cons you may find with solar panels in Texas include:
- Solar panels can have a long payback period – While solar panels are well worth it in the long run, it can be several years before you break even on your investment. If you’re planning on reducing your energy costs in the long term, however, it may be well worth it.
- Not viable for all homes and roofs – Depending on the roof type your home currently has, it may or may not be viable for a direct solar panel installation without modifications. This is something to keep in mind and ask about when pursuing an installation.
Do You Really Save Money with Solar Panels?
Solar panels can be an excellent way to save money on energy costs in the long run, with data showing that the average homeowner can save up to $130 per month on electricity bills, varying with location, the utility company they use, and their specific energy needs day to day.
With solar buyback programs and net metering, your electric company can purchase the excess solar energy you produce and pay you directly, lowering your energy costs even more.
Switch to Solar with Sunisland Energy Today
Solar panels can be a very worthwhile investment for Texas residents, especially if you’d like to stop giving your hard-earned money to unpredictable electric companies and invest it into your own home and family instead.
Sunisland Energy offers a 25-year warranty on all panels, roof penetration, and monitoring. Best of all, you can get started with $0 down and no payments for the first year, making solar panels a more affordable option than you had ever thought possible. There's never been a better way to get affordable solar panels in Texas, giving you affordable clean energy right off the bat.
Whether you’re looking for a residential or commercial solar installation, the experienced solar professionals at Sunisland Energy will help you determine the best solar options for your home or commercial business.
If you’re a Texas resident or live anywhere in the greater Houston area, contact Sunisland Energy today for a free estimate!